Friday, November 3, 2023

The Coal Fields in Sweden


There are people who think Kolmarden is a zoo. It is in and of itself true that there is a zoo in Kolmrden. But that's not who IS Kolmrden.

Kolmrden is a forest, a mountain area, with old robbers' caves even, in what was once the border region (and still is - in and of itself) between Gotaland and Svealand . It is the fault slope with fantastic views over Brviken . And there are many beautiful forest lakes to swim in. Lilla Algsjon , Glottern , Svangbgen , Sorsjon and Naknen . To mention a few.

There are also many places to choose from for those who like to hike. The former Marmorbruket and Getravinen are two of my personal favourites.

The smell of porc and scattram in a coal-marsh marsh. Rubber boots or wet gym shoes on the feet. An annoying mosquito buzzes around the ear. The taste of a freshly picked and sun-warmed gooseberry in my mouth while I pick more to put in the bucket. It's childhood memories for me. I should really write a separate post about my Kolmrden sometime. But that's the way it is. That the closer to the heart a place is, the more difficult it becomes to formulate something that makes sense.